Safety information for Florida beaches
Destin, Miramar Beach and South Walton beaches use a flag system to indicate beach conditions. This system is in place for your safety. Please observe and obey the Flag System during your stay at Hilton Sandestin Beach. For additional beach safety tips and information please visit www.visitsouthwalton.com/beach-safety.
Beach Flag Safety System Warning Colors
- Double Red - Water closed to public use
- Red - High hazard (rough conditions such as strong surf and/or currents)
- Yellow - Medium hazard (light surf and/or currents)
- Green - Low hazard (calm conditions)
- Purple - Marine pest (jellyfish, stingrays and dangerous fish)